This chocolate orange cake recipe is from the mobile app “Chow & Chatter to Go”, by Rebecca Subbiah.
Author Rebecca Subiah states:
Here’s another wonderfully easy chocolate cake recipe. With the addition of orange juice, it was moist and yummy! I made this for my Mum and Dad’s arrival, although there was only half left, as my daughter and I snacked on it. Oops!
This chocolate orange cake perfectly fulfills our desire for simple, delicious, yet still out-of-the-ordinary — all wrapped up in a beautiful presentation.
Chocolate Orange Cake
Featured Recipe From: Chow and Chatter to Go
- 4 oz self-rising flour
- 4 oz butter
- 2 small eggs
- 4 oz sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- a little powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1. Cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs
- 2. Mix in the flour, cocoa and orange juice little by little
- 3. Bake in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes
- 4. Dust with the powdered sugar and garnish with fresh orange slices
© 2011 Rebecca Subbiah. Reprinted with permission.