Recipe for Crunchy Cornmeal Chicken with Mango-Peach Salsa from Betty Crocker Cookbook: Box Tops for Education Special Edition
Cooks&Books&Recipes Editors, on Crunchy Cornmeal Chicken with Mango-Peach Salsa:
Simple to make, beautiful to look at, healthy and delicious to eat!
P.S. Thanks to publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, we are giving away a copy of Betty Crocker Cookbook: Box Tops for Education Special Edition to one lucky Cooks&Books&Recipes reader. Be sure to enter the giveaway here (contest ends 1/27/14).
Crunchy Cornmeal Chicken with Mango-Peach Salsa
Featured Recipe From: Betty Crocker Cookbook: Box Tops for Education Special Edition
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 medium peaches, peeled, chopped (1½ cups) [3 cups chopped frozen (thawed) sliced peaches can be substituted for the fresh peaches]
- 1 ripe large mango, seed removed, peeled and chopped (1½ cups) [Jarred mango slices, well drained, can be substituted for the fresh mango]
- 1 large tomato, seeded, chopped (1 cup)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1¼ lb)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In large bowl, mix all salsa ingredients. Cover; refrigerate until serving.
2. In shallow dish, mix cornmeal, ½ teaspoon salt and the pepper. Coat chicken with cornmeal mixture.
3. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Serve with salsa.
1 Serving: Calories 450; Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 4g; Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 520mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 5g); Protein 34g. Exchanges: 2 Fruit, 5 Lean Meat, 1 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 2.
Recipe and photo from Betty Crocker Cookbook, 11th Edition: Box Tops for Education Special Edition. © 2013 General Mills, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.