Recipe from The Best of the Best and More (The Best of Bridge) by Halpen Brimacombe, Miles Jacobson, and Wilson Robinson
The title of this recipe, “Grand Slam Finale,” doesn’t really tell you much, does it? But the photo does. This is a classic, scrumptious strawberry cheesecake laced with orange liqueur (or frozen orange concentrate) and garnished with cut strawberries around the side. And it’s crazy-easy to make! When a recipe is the best of the best, there’s really no need to say more. This strawberry/orange cheesecake is a grand slam, a total win.
Grand Slam Finale (Strawberry/Orange Cheesecake)
Featured Recipe From: The Best of The Best and More Recipes
- 1 cup (250 ml) (30 wafers) vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) toasted almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh strawberries
- 12 oz. (340 g) Good-quality white chocolate
- 4 oz. (115 g) Cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange liqueur or frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Vanilla
- 2 cups (500 ml) whipping cream
- cocoa powder
- Combine wafer crumbs, almonds and butter. Press into bottom of a 9" (23 cm) springform pan.
- Wash, dry and hull berries. Reserve a couple for garnish. Cut a few strawberries in half, lengthwise, and press flat sides all around side of springform pan. Arrange whole berries, points up, on crust.
- Chop chocolate and melt in double boiler or microwave. Cool slightly. Beat cheese until smooth, then beat in sugar. Mix in liqueur (or juice) and vanilla. Slowly beat in chocolate.
- Whip the cream. Stir about 1/3 of cream into chocolate mixture and fold in the remainder. Pour over berries, shaking pan gently to fill in between berries.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours (overnight is fine). Remove sides and bottom of springform pan. Dust with cocoa and garnish with reserved strawberries.