Recipe from Triple Slow Cooker Entertaining:
100 Plus Recipes and 30 Party Plans
by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss
Authors Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss, on
Hot Corn Dip:
This delightfully different dip is captivating. Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.
This hot corn dip is the starter to a three-recipe Mother’s Day buffet menu, with all three dishes intended for cooking in a triple slow cooker: Hot Corn Dip; New Orleans Spicy Barbecue Shrimp; and Strawberry Rhubarb Dessert.
It is incredibly easy to make (gold star #1), with a result that is both creamy and spicy (gold star #2). Spicy is important over here, because my mom loves food with a kick, and she’s the one we’re cooking for on Sunday. If you prefer less heat, I’d suggest using about half of the jalapeños noted in the recipe.
Unfortunately, we don’t yet have a triple slow cooker, but after perusing the Triple Slow Cooker Entertaining cookbook, the appliance is now on our must-get-immediately list. In the meantime, we’ll be making this corn dip ahead of time, as noted in the recipe, for Mother’s Day. Of course, that will be our second batch. We already cooked up round one today, for testing and tasting. And yes, it’s just about finished off …
Hot Corn Dip
Featured Recipe From: Triple Slow Cooker Entertaining: 100 Plus Recipes and 30 Party Plans
Tip: Canned corn with red and green bell peppers (such as Mexicorn) adds flavor and color, but if you prefer, you can substitute plain canned whole-kernel corn.
Make Ahead: Prepare dip through step 2, cover, and refrigerate overnight. Cook as directed.
Yield: 5 cups (1.25 L)
- Nonstick baking spray
- 2 cans (each 11 oz or 341 mL) whole-kernel corn with red and green bell peppers, drained
- 1 can (4 oz / 113 mL) chopped mild green chiles
- 1/4 cup drained chopped pickled jalapeños
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
1. Spray one slow cooker stoneware with baking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine corn, green chiles, and jalapeños. Stir in Cheddar-Jack, Parmesan, and mayonnaise. Transfer to prepared stoneware.
3. Cover and cook on High for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring once every hour, until cheese is melted. Turn to Warm for serving.
Recipe © 2013 Electrified Cooks LLC
Reprinted with permission from Triple Slow Cooker Entertaining: 100 Plus Recipes and 30 Party Plans by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss (Robert Rose)