Cooks&Books&Recipes Featured Cook Katie:
Turkey Pizza Burgers
Featured Recipe From: Better Homes & Gardens 365 30-Minute Meals
Yield: 4 Servings
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
- 4 slices provolone cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium red pasta sauce
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a medium bowl combine egg, oats, 2 teaspoons of the oregano, the salt, and pepper. Add ground turkey; mix well. Shape turkey mixture into four 3â„4-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal grill, grill patties on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until no longer pink (165Â°F), turning once halfway through grilling and adding cheese for the last 1 minute of grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook pasta sauce until heated through.
- 4. Place burgers on bottoms of buns. Top with pasta sauce and the remaining 2 teaspoons oregano. Add tops of buns.
Nutrition facts per serving: 354 cal., 9 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 133 mg chol., 487 mg sodium, 28 g carb., 3 g dietary fi ber, 38 g protein
© 2012 Meredith Corporation
Reprinted with permission from Better Homes & Gardens 365 30-Minute Meals, by Better Homes and Gardens (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.)