Recipe from 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches by Alison Lewis
Cooks&Books&Recipes Editors, on Brie and Raspberry Panini:
I love brie, and raspberries, and hazelnut/nutella (who doesn’t?), and nice flat grilled panini, but … all of them together, all at once? Let me put it this way: it’s kinda like when your 5-year-old puts together an outfit of all her favorite items, all at once, and announces she’s ready to leave the house. But sometimes, you look at those rain boots plus the pink tutu plus the SpongeBob T-shirt plus the glitter nail polish, and you think, “It works.” That’s this sandwich: It works. All of the singularly delicious ingredients meld together into a sweet surprise. And yes, this sandwich is included in the Desserts chapter. Your 5-year-old would approve.
Brie and Raspberry Panini with Hazelnut Spread
Featured Recipe From: 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Yield: Serves 4
- Panini grill or large skillet
- Preheat panini grill to medium, if using
- 8 slices sourdough bread 8 (1⁄2-inch/1 cm thick slices)
- 2 tbsp butter, softened (30 mL)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella (60 mL)
- 4 oz Brie, thinly sliced (125 g)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh raspberries, chopped (60 mL)
1. Brush one side of each bread slice equally with butter. Place bread on a work surface, buttered side down. Spread 4 bread slices equally with chocolate-hazelnut spread. Top with Brie and raspberries. Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up, and press together gently.
2. Place sandwiches on preheated panini grill or in a large skillet over medium heat and cook, turning once if using a skillet, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Variation: Substitute eight brioche slices for sourdough bread.